Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition that usually occurs when the skin cells tend to develop quickly. Therefore, it creates scaly lesions on the skin, which is normally termed as flare-ups. Most of the people suffering from psoriasis develop a condition known as psoriatic arthritis (PsA).
This condition usually occurs when the human body attacks joint which causes inflammation. Psoriatic arthritis can adversely affect any of the 78 joints in the body. A proper treatment should be taken else it would become a permanent issue for joints.
Psoriatic Arthritis Symptoms And Signs –
Symptoms are common to forms of arthritis, which make it difficult to diagnose. To understand better, here are the psoriatic arthritis symptoms and signs.
- Skin rashes and nail problems: Some of the skin symptoms include red skin with flaky, thick, silver-white scaly patches and so on. The nails become pale in color that may even separate from the nail bed and seek a doctor can actually help you a lot.
- Swelling joints and painful: Swelling of joints can occur in either psoriatic or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Eye pain: Swelling and pain in an eye is another symptom of PsA. It also makes your eye reddish, irritate, lid swelling and disturbed vision.
- Morning stiffness: It can make you feel stiff and inflexible in the morning or after rest. This may even make you feel difficult to move your body. It may last for approximately 45 minutes or even more.
- Anemia: Lesser red blood cells in your body lead to paleness, fatigue, shortness of breath and headache.
Some other symptoms include flares, ligament pain, and pain in your feet.
Best US Hospital For Psoriatic Arthritis
You may head to any of these hospitals to have the best Psoriatic Arthritis treatment at the best prices.
- Cleveland Clinic
- University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell
- Mayo Clinic
- Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
So it is better to consult with a doctor if you experience any of the psoriatic arthritis symptoms and signs or abnormal conditions in your body.