Allergens are all around us and cause allergic symptoms in many as a result of seasonal changes or exposure to-dos, pollen, cats, mites, dust, etc. While most causes are natural from the environment and cannot be eradicated, taking a few natural precautionary measures can aid in going a long way to avoid being prone to allergens and triggering allergy reaction. Some of the steps to be followed for a long-term solution are:
- Start with your diet: While a healthy diet goes a long way in building up your immunity system, the consumption of certain foods can end up triggering your seasonal allergies. Consumption of essential fatty acids through hemp oil seed and flax seed is effective in reducing certain allergy symptoms, whereas dairy products, process foods, sugar, etc, end up building mucous and congestion in the nasal passages.
- Take care of your bedding: Investing in organic and non-toxic bedding by covering your mattress, pillows, etc, with allergy-free covers will aid in keeping dust allergies at bay. Regular washing and maintenance of the bed are also essential to ward off mites, bed bugs, and other allergens.
- Check your cleaning products: Even regular household cleaning products that contain certain chemical compounds can cause severe allergic reactions especially during spring. Switching over to organic alternatives can avoid exposing the individual to triggering allergens.
- Wear a dust mask while cleaning: When stepping out into the garden, traveling through parks, etc, try to wear a filter mask to avoid getting affected by pollen grains. Morning 5 am to 10 am is the most common period for the scattering of pollen grains, so being consciously careful during this time period for gardening or other activities can help fight the triggers.
- Clean your living space: The upkeep of your living atmosphere and your surroundings like the garden, lawn, and other spaces are important because these are the places where the spreading of allergens and you being exposed to these allergens are common. Invest in an air purification system and green environment spaces for healthy living.